Monday, February 6, 2012

Little Old Man ... Happy Birthday Sam!

Four years ago I got an email from a dog trainer that I know letting me know about a poodle that she had been called in to evaluate. The owners had disagreed with her conclusion that, with a just a little work, he would be a great dog. The owners had decided that if they couldn't find him another home, they would have him put down. (They also had already gotten a golden retriever pup that they were sure was going to be the perfect dog.)
Something about his plight struck a nerve and I agreed to let him come here "for a little while". I couldn't understand how someone could have a dog for five years and decide to put him down.
Four years later, that poodle, now known as Sam, Sammers, Sam I Am, Sammer Rammer Roo Hoo, Frack (as in Frick and Frack), The Chunky Monkey, The Little Black One (as opposed to The Little White One), The Good One (as opposed to The Problem One) has his forever home. There was no real work to be done, he was a great dog when he got here. I couldn't love him more if I had gotten him when he was a pup.
Happy Birthday Sam! Roscoe and I could not imagine life without you.




No comments:

Post a Comment