Thursday, November 17, 2011

For Those Who Are Sick

It is probably not a fact, but it feels like more people get really sick during the holidays. I used to hear my grandparents say that it was the stress of the season that brought it on. That doesn't make sense to me at all, but the holidays are closing in, and every time I turn around I hear about another person who is facing a difficult road.
I've written a couple of posts on prayer lists. I've never really had a prayer list before. But whether you believe in prayer or not, there are people that I love that are suffering and I can't do anything else to help. So I pray. If you pray, I know they would appreciate you praying for them. If you don't believe in prayer, I know that they would appreciate your thoughts and concern.
I have mentioned Martha before. Right now I am praying for Martha's family. Their hearts are breaking as they contemplate life without her. She is comfortable and surrounded by those who love her most. I hope the family remembers this as a time when they drew strength from one another and were filled with the love that she inspired in their lives.
I have also mentioned Tommy and his recent diagnosis of a very serious form of cancer. His mother is very precious to me. Saying that he is facing a difficult eight months is an understatement. I am glad that he has so many siblings with expertise in such a wide variety of areas of medicine. As bad as this is, he is sure to have the best medical attention that anyone could have.
My friend Chip sent me a message today telling me that his father was just diagnosed with stage four melanoma. He had a tumor removed from his left lung Tuesday. Chip and his dad have had some tough times. I'm so glad that they have found peace with one another.
Danny's trip to the cardiologist showed that everything is fine. They are doing one more test at the end of the month, but my cousin Susie can at least leave a few of her fingernails alone. Today they have been married for 32 years. I love them both dearly and am happy that she brought him into our family. But now Susie has to have two biopsies done on spots on her thyroid. She is having these done at the end of the month. So much for her fingernails. I know she will be ok. Nothing bad could happen to someone who is so good all of the way to her toes.
Yesterday I learned that a very dear friend has been diagnosed with five spots of squamous cell carcinoma. He is going to have to have surgeries five days in a row. I'm going to knit him a hat.
Kristen had ankle surgery today. All went well, but she has the post surgery pain to deal with and the joy of learning to use crutches. Two energetic little ones are sure to make that even more of a chore.
So for those I love who are going through scary times, this is one of my favorite songs. I will try to do whatever I can.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrrdLO8fie0

Jeannie

No comments:

Post a Comment