Monday, November 14, 2011

Prayer List - Updated

I spent a great weekend at the Gary Lake House, and will blog bout it later today, but several folks have asked me for an update on the people on my prayer list. I have some good news and some bad news.

Good news first ... Kim was able to deliver without having the c-section. Gracie Suellen was born with ten fingers and toes and all other parts exactly where they are supposed to be. Mom and baby and happy and healthy and loved.

Tommy has a long road of radiation ahead of him, but has a great attitude. He is using this life changing event to do just that ... change his life. He is a wonderful artist who was always too busy to focus on his paintings. Now he is going to take the time to do what he loves. Be prepared to see a lot of future posts on his works.

Martha is not doing so well. She came home for a little bit, but is now in UAB Hospital. She is confused and afraid and struggling to communicate. But she is a fighter, so never count her out. She is probably going to be moved to rehab soon. Her family is heartbroken to watch her struggle. They all need extra thoughts and prayers right now. I love them all, and my heart breaks to watch them deal with this.

Ma Bugs did not make it. But what a life she lived. She was married to Eddie Stanky (former pro baseball player and long time college baseball coach). She was matriarch to a brood of children and grandchildren, the like of which few have seen. She lived over nine decades and left a legacy and love and devotion to family. 

And I'm adding my cousin Susie and her husband Danny to the list today. She saw a doctor today about some lumps on her thyroid. Biopsy to come at the end of the month. He has a scary cardiologist appointment Wednesday. I'm sure Susie has bitten off all of the nails that she doesn't have.  They are on my mind and in my heart today.

So there. Who would have thought it? A prayer list from me, not once but twice. Thanks for taking the time to read it, and putting the families in your thoughts. 

Jeannie

No comments:

Post a Comment